In some localities training is offered on the range of topics and resources to support the caring role and in looking after a carer’s own needs.
- Integrated approach to identifying and assessing Carer health and wellbeingThis toolkit published by NHS England clarifies the new duties on NHS organisations under the Care Act 2014 and the Children and Families Act 2014, provides a template Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to support joined up working locally, and includes examples of positive practice of work that have proven successful in supporting carers and their families.
- The experiences, needs and outcomes for carers of people with dementiaThis comprehensive literature review undertaken by the the Association of Dementia Studies at the University of Worcester, examines the experiences and needs of carers of people with dementia and the evidence of outcomes produced from a wide range of interventions. Download The experiences, needs and outcomes ...
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkThis framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Award in Understanding DementiaThe Alzheimer's Society and the Royal Society for Public Health have joined forces to create a new qualification to help people understand more about dementia.
- Caring for CarersThe Caring for Carers Hub developed by the Royal College of General Practitioners is a web based tool that can help primary care staff to more effectively support carers and the people they care for.
- Commissioning for Carers PrinciplesThis practical tool is part of a suite of products that will help commissioners to deliver what carers say is important to them in ways that have been shown to work effectively and efficiently in practice.
- Carers Evidence Summits ebookNHS Improving Quality has produced an ebook to share the Commitment to Carers achievements over the last year. It includes the findings from the regional Carers Evidence Summits and links to over 50 case studies.
- Dementia CarerDementia Carer is a website that provides access to a wide range of video clips featuring carers discussing what helps them cope with issues they encounter in caring for someone with dementia.
- The Triangle of Care – carers included: A guide to best practice for dementia careThe Triangle of Care is a model for dementia care that supports a partnership approach between the person with dementia, the staff member and carer. It is designed to ensure that carers are appropriately included and involved in the care of people with dementia, particularly in hospital settings.
- A road less rocky – supporting people with dementiaThis report published by the Carers Trust highlights that carers of people with dementia are not getting the support and advice they often desperately need.
- Health Education EnglandHealth Education England (HEE) works across England to deliver high quality education and training for a better health and healthcare workforce.1st Floor, Blenheim House, Duncombe Street, Leeds, LS1 4PLhee.firstname.lastname@example.org://hee.nhs.uk/
- Home Instead Family Carer Training ProgrammeWith our help, you can provide the personalised one-on-one care that enables people with dementia to remain for as long as possible where they want to be – at home.66-68 Radclyffe House, Hagley Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B16 8PF0121 456 5559http://www.homeinstead.co.uk/edgbaston
- Dementia Information and Support for CarersThe key aim of the service is to provide a free person centered support service to carers of people with dementia at all stages of their ‘journey’ from the point of diagnosis or referral.Sandwell Crossroads, Grenville House, New Swan Lane, West Bromwich, B70 0NS0121 553 6483http://www.sandwellcrossroads.org/disc-team
- Carers Emergency Response Service (CERS)Supports all Carers in Birmingham by providing a FREE back up service to ensure the person they care for is given support in case of an emergency.
CERS will also provide support to enable a Carer to attend pre-planned medical appointments. 171 Alcester Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8JR0121 442 2960Jane.Cleary@cers.org.ukhttp://wwwcers.org.uk
- Birmingham Carers HubThe Hub offers a wide range of services, FREE to local carers to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of carers.76-78 Boldmere Road, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, B73 5TJ 0333 006 email@example.com://www.birminghamcarershub.org.uk/
- Dementia PathfindersDementia Pathfinders CIC is a social enterprise delivering therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families, and programmes of education and learning for people working in the dementia care field.Bushbury Triangle Resource Centre, 74 Stanley Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 9EL01902 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiapathfinders.org
- Employers for CarersEmployers for Carers provides practical, ‘hands-on’, help to employers to support carers in their workforce.20 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4LX020 7378 email@example.com://www.employersforcarers.org/
- Carers DirectCarers Direct offer a helpline for carers that need help with their caring role and want to talk to someone about what options are available to them. PO Box 27079, Glasgow, G3 9EJ0300 123 1053http://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/carerslives/updates/Pages/CarersDirecthelpline.aspx
- Carers UKCarers UK is a national membership charity for carers, that is both a support network and a movement for change.20 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4LX0808 808 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.carersuk.org/
- Carers TrustCarers Trust works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.32-36 Loman Street, London, SE1 0EH0844 800 email@example.com://www.carers.org