Day services increasingly provide specialist support for people with dementia by offering a stimulating and supportive environment with facilities which are able to support varying levels of need. An adult care assessment is usually needed to attend specialist day services, and a charge may apply.
- Quick contacts and linksAugust 15 2017Buckinghamshire County Council Adult Social Care Tel: 01296 383204 Alzheimer’s Society Buckinghamshire Tel: 01296 331722 Carers Bucks Tel: 0300 777 2722 NHS Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust Aylesbury & District Citizens Advice Bureau Tel: 03444 111 444 Buckinghamshire Mind NRS – supplier of disability equipment, mobility aids ...
- Active Minds – dementia activity resourcesFebruary 15 2016Active Minds produce a suite of activity products to assist people with dementia in leading active, engaging and fulfilling lives - enjoying activities that are meaningful to them.
- The Daily SparkleFebruary 8 2016The Daily Sparkle is a professionally written daily and weekly reminiscence and activity tool supported by the UK's leading care organisations such as the NHS, AgeUK and DementiaUK.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaApril 3 2013This quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- New models of care for dementiaApril 9 2012This report proposes a new understanding of the dementia journey and a revised model of care for dementia, aimed at improving experiences and outcomes, and informing service redesign and commissioning.
- Age UK BuckinghamshireAge UK Buckinghamshire’s services can support people to live independently and lets families have peace of mind and be confident in their caring role. Services include: Befriending, hairdressing, handyperson, gardening, toenail cutting, benefits advice and general help in the home.145 Meadowcroft, Aylesbury, United Kingdom, HP19 9HH01296 email@example.com://www.ageuk.org.uk/buckinghamshire/
- Bucks Mind Services for Older People – Chesham Park Club in Chesham, and Pippin Club in Prestwood. Our clients have either dementia, or other mental health issues which make it difficult to access other services in the community. We offer a variety of activities such as games, quizzes, orientation and reminiscence activities, crafts ...32 Church Street, Chesham, United Kingdom, HP5 1HU01494 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.bucksmind.org.uk/services/older-peoples-services-chiltern-south-bucks/