Buckinghamshire Memory Support ServiceJune 21 2017
The Memory Support Service supports people who are concerned about their memory as well as people with a diagnosis of dementia and their carers who live in Buckinghamshire.
The Memory Support Workers are members of a fully trained and dedicated team working in the community alongside GP surgeries and memory clinics, and will offer information, guidance and support.
They can help in different ways, either by meeting with you in your own home, or via a telephone conversation. They will:
- Support you with a Memory Assessment Test
- Listen to your concerns and plan actions to support you
- Give information about benefits and other financial matters
- Give advice about strategies and coping skills
- Help with planning for the future
- Signpost to other helpful services
The Memory Support Service is run by Alzheimer’s Society on behalf of Buckinghamshire County Council and in partnership with NHS Buckinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Groups [CCG].
Telephone: 01296 331749