GPs and primary health care teams are often the first port of call for people worried about their memory, and are a gateway to diagnosis, support and interventions.
- Delirium awareness videoDelirium in older adults often goes unrecognised by health care professionals and can be poorly managed. This video was produced with the aim of improving recognition and management of delirium in any healthcare setting.
- Training resources to improve the dementia component of the NHS Health CheckThese training resources can be used by NHS Health Check trainers and practitioners to improve the quality of their delivery of the dementia component of the check.
- Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia 2020 Implementation PlanThis implementation plan outlines how the 50 commitments set out in the Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020 will be met, ensuring that England becomes the world-leader in dementia care, research and awareness by 2020.
- The dementia profileThe dementia profile developed by the Dementia Intelligence Network collects new and existing data on dementia at both Clinical Commissioning Group and local authority level. This will assist the local planning of services and support areas to make sustainable improvements from an easily accessible online platform.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkThis framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- World Alzheimer Report 2015: The Global Impact of DementiaThe World Alzheimer Report 2015, 'The Global Impact of Dementia: An analysis of prevalence, incidence, cost and trends' makes key recommendations to provide a global framework for action on dementia.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Wearing glasses with dementia factsheetThis factsheet is about the issues people with dementia who need to wear glasses may face. It will be useful for people with dementia, their families, carers and professionals.
- Dementia Revealed: What primary care needs to knowThis toolkit written by Dr Elizabeth Barrett is intended as an educational resource for use by GPs and practice nurses to expand their knowledge and confidence.
- Enhanced service for people with dementia in primary careThis short paper by Alistair Burns and Laurence Buckman summarises a multi-disciplinary group discussion on how the Enhanced Service might be optimally used to increase the numbers of people receiving a diagnosis and accessing post diagnostic support.
- Frontotemporal dementiaThis article published in the British Medical Journal highlights some of the issues pertinent to Frontotemporal dementia, a clinically and pathologically heterogeneous group of non-Alzheimer dementias characterised collectively by relatively selective, progressive atrophy involving the frontal or temporal lobes, or both.
- CMG48: Support for commissioning of dementia careThis guidance produced by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) summarises the key commissioning issues and the resource impact that will arise from implementing improvements in the quality of care for people with dementia, in line with the statements and measures that comprise the NICE quality standards for dementia.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaThis quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- Support and care for people living with dementia from minority communitiesThis report outlines recommendations to improve support and care for people with dementia from minority communities in the North East.
- Unlocking Diagnosis: The key to improving the lives of people with dementiaThis report published by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia (APPG) explores the barriers to dementia diagnosis in the UK. It makes recommendations to improve diagnosis rates and provide better post diagnosis support for people with dementia.
- New models of care for dementiaThis report proposes a new understanding of the dementia journey and a revised model of care for dementia, aimed at improving experiences and outcomes, and informing service redesign and commissioning.
- Care of people with dementia in primary careThis factsheet published by the Royal College of General Practitioners provides GPs with guidance on the care of people with dementia in primary care.
- Windows of opportunity for prevention and early intervention in dementia toolkitThis online resource, produced by the Social Care Institute for Excellence, will help commissioners and providers to ensure that any help or support offered at any stage in a person’s journey with dementia is offered in a timely way.
- NICE Clinical guideline CG42 Dementia: supporting people with dementia and their carers in health and social careThis guideline, published by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), makes specific recommendations on Alzheimer's disease, dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB), fronto temporal dementia, vascular dementia and mixed dementias, as well as recommendations that apply to all types of dementia.
- Dementia UKDementia UK provides specialist dementia support for families through our Admiral Nurse service. When things get challenging or difficult for people with dementia and their families, Admiral Nurses work alongside them. They give the compassionate one-to-one support, guidance and practical solutions people need, and that can be hard to find elsewhere.7th Floor, One Aldgate, London, EC3N 1RE020 8036 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiauk.org
- Health Education EnglandHealth Education England (HEE) works across England to deliver high quality education and training for a better health and healthcare workforce.1st Floor, Blenheim House, Duncombe Street, Leeds, LS1 4PLhee.email@example.com://hee.nhs.uk/
- HealthwatchHealthwatch England is the national consumer champion in health and care. We have significant statutory powers to ensure the voice of the consumer is strengthened and heard by those who commission, deliver and regulate health and care services.Skipton House, 80 London Road, London, SE1 6LH03000 683 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.healthwatch.co.uk
- Dementia Services Development CentreThe Dementia Services Development Centre is an international centre of knowledge and expertise dedicated to improving the lives of people with dementia.Iris Murdoch Building, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA, Scotland01786 467740http://www.dementia.stir.ac.uk
- Alzheimer’s Research UKAlzheimer's Research UK is a leading research charity for dementia, dedicated to funding scientific studies to find ways to treat, cure or prevent all dementias. 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Cambridge, CB21 6AD0300 111 email@example.com://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/