Young onset dementia
'Young onset dementia' is a term used by some health and social care professionals to describe dementia when it affects people under 65 years of age. It is also referred to as ‘early onset’ or ‘working age’ dementia.
This age distinction is becoming increasingly irrelevant as services are realigned to focus on the person and the impact of the condition, rather than the age.
- Admiral Nurse Dementia HelplineThe Admiral Nurse Dementia Helpline is for anyone with a question or concern about dementia. From looking out for the first symptoms of Alzheimer’s, to understanding the challenges of living with someone with vascular dementia, Admiral Nurses have the knowledge and experience to understand the situation and suggest answers that might be hard to find elsewhere.7th Floor, One Aldgate, London, EC3N 1RE0800 888 email@example.com://www.dementiauk.org/get-support/dementia-helpline-alzheimers-helpline/
- Dementia UKDementia UK provides specialist dementia support for families through our Admiral Nurse service. When things get challenging or difficult for people with dementia and their families, Admiral Nurses work alongside them. They give the compassionate one-to-one support, guidance and practical solutions people need, and that can be hard to find elsewhere.7th Floor, One Aldgate, London, EC3N 1RE020 8036 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiauk.org
- Dementia PathfindersDementia Pathfinders CIC is a social enterprise delivering therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families, and programmes of education and learning for people working in the dementia care field.Bushbury Triangle Resource Centre, 74 Stanley Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 9EL01902 email@example.com://www.dementiapathfinders.org
- Cognitive neurology and dementia centreThe Cognitive neurology and dementia centre at St George's Hospital is a regional specialist centre for cognitive neuroscience and dementia, that works closely with other hospitals from across South West London, Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire, and with GPs, community nursing teams, mental health services and social services.St George's Hospital, Blackshaw Road, London, SW17 0QThttps://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/service/neuro/cognitive-neurology-dementia/
- Alzheimer’s Research UKAlzheimer's Research UK is a leading research charity for dementia, dedicated to funding scientific studies to find ways to treat, cure or prevent all dementias. 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Cambridge, CB21 6AD0300 111 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/