This section provides acccess to resources to help commissioners to commission services that provide excellent care to people with dementia in both specialist and non specialist care settings.
- 10 key steps to improving timely diagnosis: A resource pack for Commissioners and General PracticesJanuary 29 2014This resource pack sets out key steps for Commissioners, and key steps for General Practices to improve the diagnosis of dementia, and the diagnosis pathway.
- CMG48: Support for commissioning of dementia careApril 3 2013This guidance produced by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) summarises the key commissioning issues and the resource impact that will arise from implementing improvements in the quality of care for people with dementia, in line with the statements and measures that comprise the NICE quality standards for dementia.
- Commissioning End of Life Care: Act & EarlyJuly 4 2011This guidance published by the National Council for Palliative Care aims to help healthcare commissioners to prioritise early action on end of life care to ensure people’s choices are met and to avoid unnecessary emergency hospital admissions.
- RCGP Commissioning Guidance in End of Life CareMarch 4 2013This guidance offers a logical six-step framework and overview to support GP commissioners to deliver practical improvements in end of life care, aligned with national policy and quality standards.
- Dementia UKFebruary 3 2007This report into the prevalence and cost of dementia shows that as the UK's population ages the number of people with dementia will grow substantially. It also shows that dementia costs the UK £17 billion a year.
- Dementia commissioning for quality and innovationMarch 10 2012Dementia commissioning for quality and innovation (CQUIN) aims to help identify patients with dementia and other causes of cognitive impairment, alongside their other medical conditions and to prompt appropriate referral and follow up after they leave hospital.
- Support, Stay, Save: care and support of people with dementia in their own homesApril 4 2011This report provides evidence from over 2,000 carers, people with dementia and home care workers on the aspirations, experiences and outcomes of providing dementia care in the community in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Commissioning person-centred end of life careOctober 17 2012This toolkit published by the National End of Life Care Programme identifies the main elements involved in the commissioning process, explains the commissioning cycle in practical terms and offers a four-stage approach across all sectors.
- Commissioning for Carers PrinciplesDecember 5 2014This practical tool is part of a suite of products that will help commissioners to deliver what carers say is important to them in ways that have been shown to work effectively and efficiently in practice.
- A Misspent Opportunity? Inquiry into the funding of the National Dementia StrategyMarch 18 2010This report published by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia (APPG) examines initial progress made by Primary Care Trusts in England towards implementing the National Dementia Strategy for England.
- National Audit of Dementia – third reportJuly 13 2017The National Audit of Dementia (NAD) (care in general hospitals) measures the performance of general hospitals against criteria relating to care delivery which are known to impact upon people with dementia while in hospital. The third audit collected data between April and November 2016.
- NHS Health Check commissioning: Commissioner’s current and potential use of weighted financial remunerationFebruary 23 2018This report includes details of a literature review of commissioner’s current and potential use of weighted financial remuneration and provides recommendations for commissioners.
- Dementia Commissioning know how guideDecember 17 2018This resource aims to enable Clinical Commissioning Groups to achieve and maintain dementia diagnosis rate of at least two-thirds of the estimated number of people with dementia, and improve the quality of and access to post diagnostic care for people living with dementia and their carers.
- Implementation guide and resource pack for dementia careJuly 17 2017This guide aims to set out the policy drivers and strategic context for transforming dementia care, and why it is of importance to commissioners, providers and sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) in supporting delivery of a number of objectives in the Department of Health’s Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020, published February 2015, which complements the aims of the Five Year Forward View, published in October 2014.
- Projections of Older People Living with Dementia and Costs of Dementia Care in the United Kingdom, 2019–2040November 25 2019This report published by the Care Policy and Evaluation Centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science provides projections of the number of older people (aged 65 and over) living with dementia in the UK and the costs of healthcare, social care and unpaid care from 2019 to 2040.
- Dementia Care Pathway: full implementation guidanceOctober 12 2018The Dementia Care Pathway: full implementation guidance, published by the National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health (NCCMH), sets out key commissioning and service development considerations in the delivery and quality of care and support for people living with dementia and their families and carers.
- Dementia PathfindersDementia Pathfinders CIC is a social enterprise delivering therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families, and programmes of education and learning for people working in the dementia care field.Bushbury Triangle Resource Centre, 74 Stanley Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 9EL01902 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiapathfinders.org
- Dementia Services Development CentreThe Dementia Services Development Centre is an international centre of knowledge and expertise dedicated to improving the lives of people with dementia.Iris Murdoch Building, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA, Scotland01786 467740http://www.dementia.stir.ac.uk
- Employers for CarersEmployers for Carers provides practical, ‘hands-on’, help to employers to support carers in their workforce.20 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4LX020 7378 email@example.com://www.employersforcarers.org/