Befriending services provide companionship and may help people living with dementia to take part in social and recreational activities.
- Peer Support for People with Dementia: A social return on investment studySeptember 16 2015This report published by the Health Innovation Network South London, the Academic Health Science Network for South London, outlines the findings of a study which demonstrated that the positive social value of peer support groups for people with dementia, their carers and volunteers can be far greater than the investment.
- Dementia Peer Support Resource PackApril 24 2015This resource pack, published by the Health Innovation Network, the Academic Health Science Network for South London, aims to promote and encourage more peer support opportunities for people with dementia.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Peer support networks and dementia advisers: evaluationOctober 9 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, provides the findings of the Healthbridge evaluation into the role that dementia advisers and peer support networks can provide in post diagnostic support for people with dementia and their carers.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- Dementia 2013: The hidden voice of lonelinessApril 9 2013This report, published Alzheimer’s Society, reveals that nearly two thirds (62%) of more than 250,000 people with dementia who live on their own are lonely. This compares to just 24 per cent of over 55 year olds.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaApril 3 2013This quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- Befriending works: building resilience in local communitiesNovember 12 2010This report published by the Mentoring and Befriending Foundation provides an overview of how befriending can contribute to improving the health and well-being outcomes of vulnerable people at risk of social isolation or exclusion from mainstream society.
- Doncaster Partnership for CarersDoncaster Partnership For Carers provides information advice and support to carers covering areas such as education finance social care health leisure and training.Doncaster Carers Centre, 2 Regent Terrace, Doncaster, DN1 2EE01302 637566http://www.doncastercarers.org.uk
- Befriending serviceThe befriending service provided by the Alzheimer's Society in Doncaster offers companionship and support and helps people carry on doing the things they enjoy or to try new activities.Units F9 and G5, Mexborough Business Centre, College Road, Mexborough, S64 9JP01709 580543
- South Yorkshire Centre for Inclusive LivingSouth Yorkshire Centre for Inclusive Living is a local disability charity that supports people to live independently. Disability Resource Centre, Doncaster Road, Kirk Sandall, Doncaster, DN3 1HR01302 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.sycil.org
- Age UK DoncasterAge UK Doncaster is the leading local charity working with and for older people in Doncaster to make the most of later life. 109 Thorne Road, Doncaster, DN2 5BE01302 811 email@example.com://www.ageuk.org.uk/doncaster
- Making Space DoncasterMaking Space Doncaster provides day care services to older people with dementia with a range of activities designed to stimulate the mind. Making Space also provide assistance to help remain independent in your own home.Sandalwood Day Centre, Sandalwood Close, Doncaster, DN2 5DW01925 571 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.makingspace.co.uk/contact