Five things you should knowDecember 2 2016
Five things everyone should know about dementia
- Dementia is not a natural part of growing old- Wendy first started noticing differences in her behaviour when she was 35. She was finally diagnosed with Young Onset Dementia at age 40. Read more about how Wendy has been living with Dementia.
- Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain- The most common of these is Alzheimer’s disease. Learn how dementia affects the brain by watching this video
- Dementia is not just about losing your memory- it affects thinking, communicating and doing every day tasks. For advise and more on how dementia affects people visit Dementia Carer website
- An early diagnosis is important to living well with dementia- contact your GP id you have any concerns about yourself or someone else. Read about the experiences of local carers
- There is more to a person than their dementia- Trevor has dementia, read how it has not stopped him from doing his daily duties.