Memory cafes provide a friendly and supportive environment where people can meet, talk, and learn more about dementia and what support is available.
View an A-Z list of memory cafes.
- Active Minds – dementia activity resourcesFebruary 15 2016Active Minds produce a suite of activity products to assist people with dementia in leading active, engaging and fulfilling lives - enjoying activities that are meaningful to them.
- The Daily SparkleFebruary 8 2016The Daily Sparkle is a professionally written daily and weekly reminiscence and activity tool supported by the UK's leading care organisations such as the NHS, AgeUK and DementiaUK.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Putting dementia on the mapNovember 29 2013Putting dementia on the map published by the Department of Health draws on data and information about dementia health and care, dementia friendly communities and research.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandThis report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- Portishead Memory Café (Run by Rotary Club)Come along to chat and reminisce, take part in quizzes and games and enjoy a sing-song. Open to those with memory problems and their carers or friends on the first and third Tuesday of the month from 2.15-3.45 pm at Jubilee Day Centre, Portishead. Contact: ...Portishead Jubilee Day Care Centre, 49 Slade Road, BS20 6BE01275 871197
- Memory cafe with music and dance – TickenhamTickenham memory cafe is a social event with dancing, followed by a light tea for people with dementia, families and carers.Tickenham Village Hall, Clevedon Road, Tickenham, BS21 6RX01934 414 email@example.com
- Memory cafe – SandfordThe memory cafe in Sandford provides an opportunity for people with dementia, families and carers to meet regularly and talk about living with dementia in an informal social environment. Darlisette House, Sandford Station, Sandford, BS25 5RF01934 414 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/custom_scripts/services.php?serviceCode=2112&branchCode=14567&areaBC=WESW
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/