Portishead Dementia Action AllianceNovember 7 2014
Portishead Dementia Action Alliance is aiming to improve the lives of people living with dementia in Portishead and the surrounding areas.
To do this, we plan to:
- To develop Dementia Friendly Communities for people with dementia, their carers and families, voluntary and statutory services, businesses and the wider community. (National Dementia Strategy 2009 – Living well with dementia; Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia 2012 – 2015; Dementia 2012 – A National Challenge).
- To seek membership from businesses and organisations in and around Portishead.
- To assist in the formation of other Dementia Action Alliances.
- To establish and maintain effective support through information sharing networks.
- To ensure that the voices of people with dementia, their carers and families are heard and guide the work of the Dementia Action Alliance.
- To raise awareness of dementia across local communities.
- To work towards necessary improvements to enable people with dementia and carers to live independently