Cataracts and dementia factsheetJune 25 2013
The information in this factsheet will help people in with both dementia and sight loss and how to help someone with dementia cope with surgery.
It is thought that there are at least 100,000 people in the UK with both dementia and sight loss. Not everyone with dementia has cataracts nor do all patients with cataracts have dementia, but a significant number will have both conditions.
Download Cataracts and dementia factsheet
The information in this factsheet covers:
- what a cataract is and its effect on vision
- how to tell if you or someone you care for has a cataract
- cataract surgery and the difference it can make to a person’s quality of life
- how to prepare for surgery
- how to help someone with dementia cope with surgery, and
- what happens after surgery.