NHS Continuing Healthcare e-learning toolMay 8 2013
This e-learning tool developed by NHS England and the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services will support all practitioners to improve assessment and decision making around NHS Continuing Healthcare.
The tool is free to use and is designed to be intuitive and flexible so that health and social care staff can easily register and undertake training at a time and place that suits them.
Access the e-Learning tool at http://nhscontinuinghealthcare.e-lfh.org.uk
The topics covered include:
- Introduction to NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Core Values and Principles of NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Referral for NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Multidisciplinary Assessment and Completing the Decision Support Tool
- Decision-Making in NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Dispute Resolution in NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Independent Review Panel and Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
- Transition for Children
- Personal Health Budgets
Since the introduction of the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare in 2007 and its subsequent revisions in 2009 and 2012, the variation in the numbers of people receiving NHS Continuing Healthcare funding has reduced. The requirement for a national online training tool was identified as part of the transition to the new health system architecture of Clinical Commissioning Groups and the NHS England.