Dementia diagnosis resource packJan 17 2013
This resource pack produced by Dementia Partnerships sets out key steps for Commissioners and General Practices to improve the diagnosis of dementia, and diagnosis pathways.
These steps focus on,
- understanding your local prevalence of dementia, and the local diagnosis rate
- considering where and how improvements in diagnosis might be achieved
- improving awareness and recognition
- improving access to memory assessment and diagnosis
- improving access to the right information, at the right time, and
- improving the experience for people seeking help with memory problems.
The 10 key steps offer a systemic approach to improve the quality of services for people seeking help with memory problems.
Each step is accompanied by links to a range of resources to support local implementation, and examples of positive practice.