Find me good careOctober 23 2012
This website developed by the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) is designed to help people find the right care and support to suit their needs and lifestyle, whether at a time of crisis or as they plan for the future.
Visit Find Me Good Care www.findmegoodcare.co.uk
Find Me Good Care offers care and support providers the opportunity to promote their services – including those that do not have to be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) – through a well-regarded and promoted online service.
Find Me Good Care will support:
- discharge processes by enabling hospital staff, GPs and district nurses to signpost patients and families to reliable information
- improved choice by providing GPs and primary care professionals with better information about care options
- integration of health and social care by providing clarity about care options, funding arrangements and where to look for help.
- improved planning in healthcare provision by better identifying what the public is looking for and where
- greater community engagement by supporting local patient information systems to provide a valuable public resource.
Find Me Good Care has been developed in response to research undertaken by SCIE which revealed that many people are mystified by the care system. Key findings from the research include:
- Majority of adults unaware of what care is available (59%) and have no idea how much it costs (66%)
- More than two thirds of people say that they are not likely to consider care decisions until they become urgent, increasing the risk of not choosing the best provision
- A quarter of adults who already use care provision say they struggled to find appropriate care and now feel they ended up with the wrong type of support.