Tailored resource for carers and care providers on supporting people to live well with dementiaSeptember 16 2015
This resource published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) highlights the key messages from 10 quality statements which form the quality standard for supporting people to live well with dementia and shows what they mean for carers and care providers.
The resource also provides links to key resources, further information and practical tools to support improved care.
The quality statements include:
- Discussing concerns about possible dementia
- Choice and control in decisions
- Reviewing needs and preferences
- Leisure activities of interest and choice
- Maintaining and developing relationships
- Physical and mental health and wellbeing
- Design and adaptation of housing
- Planning and evaluating services
- Independent advocacy
- Involvement and contribution to the community