The Triangle of Care – carers included: A guide to best practice for dementia careSeptember 4 2013
The Triangle of Care is a model for dementia care that supports a partnership approach between the person with dementia, the staff member and carer.
It is designed to ensure that carers are appropriately included and involved in the care of people with dementia, particularly in hospital settings. It is, however, of relevance to all services caring for people with dementia.
The Triangle of Care outlines six key standards:
- Carers are identified at first contact
- Staff are carer aware
- Confidentiality protocols are in place
- Designated carer leads are in place
- A carer introduction is available
- Carer support services are available