Agewell Kingfisher Dementia ServicesNovember 25 2019
Kingfisher Buddies is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and is a service provided by Agewell and fellow Community Interest Company, Dementia Pathfinders, which supports older people across Sandwell who are living with dementia.
The three year project recognises that seeking and receiving a diagnosis of dementia can be a frightening time for both the person themselves and their family.
By contacting Kingfisher Buddies you will not be left on your own to worry and wonder what to do next.
As well as providing information and guidance, we also want to help and support individuals and their carers to be socially active, trying out new activities or continuing to do the things they already love doing. We will –
- Support you in seeking a diagnosis by signposting to local memory clinics
- Be there to provide the advice and support you need to take it all in
- Guide you and your family through what can be done now to better prepare for the future
- Encourage you, and your carers, to come along to our weekly Kingfisher Buddies groups where you will meet others in similar situations to yourselves
- Help you to make the most of your life post diagnosis
Kingfisher Buddies Groups
- Mondays 2pm to 4pm – Elizabeth Prout Gardens, Blackheath
- Tuesdays 11.30am to 1.30pm – The Old Post Office, Wednesbury
- Wednesdays 2pm to 4pm – Portway Lifestyle Centre, Oldbury
There is a small charge to attend of £2.50 each week.