Sandwell Dementia Action AllianceApril 27 2020
The Dementia Action Alliance (DAA) is committed to the vision of supporting people along the whole dementia pathway, from prevention to end of life care, including support for their carers and the wider family with their needs.
The Sandwell DAA is made up of organisations that operate across Sandwell, which are working towards creating dementia friendly communities to improve the lives of people living with dementia and their carers, within the six towns of Sandwell.
Relaunched in November 2019, the Sandwell DAA is underpinned by our multi-agency dementia strategy for Sandwell – the ‘Better Lives Dementia Strategy’.
How to join the Sandwell DAA
To become a member of this Local Dementia Action Alliance, organisations sign up to the National Dementia Declaration and submit a short action plan setting out how they will work towards delivering the outcomes outlined in the declaration. Once this has been submitted successfully, the organisation will be considered a member of the Dementia Action Alliance.
Resources such as the National Dementia Declaration and action plan template can be downloaded here, and organisations should use the contact details below to seek guidance or assistance.
Completed action plans should be sent to the relevant contact below.
Kat Horner, Dementia Friendly Communities Officer, West Midlands
Kat.Horner@alzheimers.org.uk | 01543 255955
- Able Access UK Ltd
- Adult Social Care
- Agewell CIC
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Black Country Partnership Foundation trust
- Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- BUDS (Better Understanding of Dementia for Sandwell)
- Clinical Commissioning Team (CCG)
- Clinical Research Network
- Crossroads Caring for Carers
- Dementia Pathfinders
- Home Instead Senior Care Dudley and Sandwell South
- Living With Dementia
- Portway Lifestyle Centre
- Public Health
- Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
- Sandwell College
- Sandwell Library and Information Service
- Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
- Sandwell Trading Standards
- St Alban’s Community Association
- Stone Water
- TechSmart Training CIC
- The Gatsby Emporium Ltd
- The Orchestra of The Swan
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- West Midlands Combined Authority
- West Midlands Fire Service
- West Midlands Police