Befriending services provide companionship and may help people living with dementia to take part in social and recreational activities.
- Peer Support for People with Dementia: A social return on investment studySeptember 16 2015This report published by the Health Innovation Network South London, the Academic Health Science Network for South London, outlines the findings of a study which demonstrated that the positive social value of peer support groups for people with dementia, their carers and volunteers can be far greater than the investment.
- Dementia Peer Support Resource PackApril 24 2015This resource pack, published by the Health Innovation Network, the Academic Health Science Network for South London, aims to promote and encourage more peer support opportunities for people with dementia.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Peer support networks and dementia advisers: evaluationOctober 9 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, provides the findings of the Healthbridge evaluation into the role that dementia advisers and peer support networks can provide in post diagnostic support for people with dementia and their carers.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- Dementia 2013: The hidden voice of lonelinessApril 9 2013This report, published Alzheimer’s Society, reveals that nearly two thirds (62%) of more than 250,000 people with dementia who live on their own are lonely. This compares to just 24 per cent of over 55 year olds.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaApril 3 2013This quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- Befriending works: building resilience in local communitiesNovember 12 2010This report published by the Mentoring and Befriending Foundation provides an overview of how befriending can contribute to improving the health and well-being outcomes of vulnerable people at risk of social isolation or exclusion from mainstream society.
- Drop in cafe Debenhams, StockportThe drop in cafe is held every Monday from 14:00-15:00 in Debenhams, Stockport. The cafe provides information about living with dementia and support services available in an informal and comfortable environment.Debenhams Cafe, Debenhams plc, Princes Street, Stockport, SK1 1TS0161 477 6999 firstname.lastname@example.org