Memory cafes provide a friendly and supportive environment where people can meet, talk, and learn more about dementia and what support is available.
View an A-Z list of memory cafes.
- Active Minds – dementia activity resourcesFebruary 15 2016Active Minds produce a suite of activity products to assist people with dementia in leading active, engaging and fulfilling lives - enjoying activities that are meaningful to them.
- The Daily SparkleFebruary 8 2016The Daily Sparkle is a professionally written daily and weekly reminiscence and activity tool supported by the UK's leading care organisations such as the NHS, AgeUK and DementiaUK.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Putting dementia on the mapNovember 29 2013Putting dementia on the map published by the Department of Health draws on data and information about dementia health and care, dementia friendly communities and research.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandThis report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- Drop In Cafe Governors House PubCome along to the Drop In Cafe at Governors House for the refreshments of your choice at this popular and stylish venue in Cheadle Hulme. The Drop In Cafe takes place on alternate Wednesdays from 11:00 am.Governors House Pub, 43 Ravenoak Road, Cheadle Hulme, SK8 7EQ0161 485 2453 (Sue) 0161 449 9795 (Suzanne)https://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=324
- The Kitchen – dementia drop in on MondaysThe Kitchen NEW Dementia Drop In The Kitchen: weekly drop in on Monday 11am-1pm – Chestergate The Kitchen runs a weekly dementia drop in from 11:00am until 13:00pm on Mondays supported by volunteers, AGEUK Stockport, The Wellbeing Network and Signpost Stockport for Carers. The drop in is for ...SK1 1LZ, Graylaw House, Chestergate, Stockport Town Centre0161 804 44 email@example.com://www.pureinnovations.co.uk/what-we-offer/our-cafes/the-kitchen/
- Reddish Dementia Friendly CafeReddish Dementia Friendly Cafe provides a friendly get together for people with dementia, their family, carers and friends. The cafe is held every Wednesday from 12.00-3.00pm at St Agnes Church in North Reddish.The Tapestry, St Agnes Church, North Reddish, SK5 6RA07498996634
- Drop in Cafe Romiley Life CentreCome along each week or whenever you want a bit company and a natter. We meet every Thursday 3-4.00pm at Romiley Life Centre. 3 Stockport Road, Romiley, Stockport, SK6 4BNMargaret 0161 406 6729
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/