Windows of opportunity for prevention and early intervention in dementia toolkitMarch 24 2011
Early intervention is often seen as anticipatory information and support delivered at the earliest stage of dementia, following diagnosis. Prevention encompasses the range of interventions that prevent an increase in need that may tip an individual into a higher or more intensive level of service.
This online resource, produced by the Social Care Institute for Excellence, will help commissioners and providers to ensure that any help or support offered at any stage in a person’s journey with dementia is offered in a timely way.
- Introduction Early intervention and prevention in the delivery of community personal support.
- The journey A person’s journey with dementia and the windows of opportunity for interventions along the way.
- Transition points The potential transition points along someone’s journey with dementia.
- Personal resources Boosting resilience by harnessing personal resources.
- Interventions A collection of interventions for people with dementia and their carers in 5 major areas.
- Local assets An opportunity for you to map local assets in you area.