Day services increasingly provide specialist support for people with dementia by offering a stimulating and supportive environment with facilities which are able to support varying levels of need. An adult care assessment is usually needed to attend specialist day services, and a charge may apply.
- Active Minds – dementia activity resourcesFebruary 15 2016Active Minds produce a suite of activity products to assist people with dementia in leading active, engaging and fulfilling lives - enjoying activities that are meaningful to them.
- The Daily SparkleFebruary 8 2016The Daily Sparkle is a professionally written daily and weekly reminiscence and activity tool supported by the UK's leading care organisations such as the NHS, AgeUK and DementiaUK.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaApril 3 2013This quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- New models of care for dementiaApril 9 2012This report proposes a new understanding of the dementia journey and a revised model of care for dementia, aimed at improving experiences and outcomes, and informing service redesign and commissioning.
- Woking Wellbeing CentreDrop by on a Monday when staff will be on hand to assist you. Alternatively you can book an appointment for any other time or for further information please call 01483 743558.45 Broadway, Knaphill, Woking, GU21 2SP01483 743558http://new.surreycc.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/care-and-support-for-adults/health-and-wellbeing/mental-health/wellbeing-centres#woking
- Woking Day CentreThe day care and support service provides care and support in a safe and comfortable group setting. Stimulating activities are based on people's individual needs and interestsBradbury Centre Smiles Place, Lavender Road, Woking, GU22 8BJ01483 753651http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
- The Orchard Day CentreThe day care and support service provides care and support in a safe and comfortable group setting. Stimulating activities are based on people's individual needs and interestsThe Orchard Day Centre, Staines Lane, Chertsey, KT16 8PS01932 565242
- Surrey Heath Wellbeing CentreThe main centre which the wellbeing centre is attached to provides day care for pensioners of the borough including a bathing service two course hot lunch and a programme of activities and entertainment.Windle Valley Centre, Park Street, Bagshot, GU19 5AQ01276 479185http://new.surreycc.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/care-and-support-for-adults/health-and-wellbeing/mental-health/wellbeing-centres#surreyheath
- Haslemere Day CentreThe day care and support service provides care and support in a safe and comfortable group setting. Stimulating activities are based on people's individual needs and interestsMarjorie Gray Hall, Grayswood Road, Haslemere, GU27 2BW01428 642055http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
- The Conservatory ClubRun by the Mid Surrey Dementia Care Trust the club is a facilitated self-help club providing a stimulating environment for those with memory difficulties and respite for those who care for them. Fairfield Day Centre, Swan Court, 34 Leret Way, High Street, Leatherhead, KT22 8AH01372 376058http://www.midsurreydementiacare.co.uk/
- Epsom and Ewell Wellbeing CentreThe Wellbeing Centre at Epsom and Ewell supports our growing elderly population and vulnerable adults with their physical emotional and mental health wellbeing. The Centre specialises in supporting people with memory loss confusion and in the early stages of dementia and provides information support and a pathway into appropriate assessment and accessing appropriate support services. The Centre has a Community Alarm and Telecare demonstration suite and home aids and a bathroom adaption model.Longmead Day Centre, Sefton Road, Epsom, KT19 9HG01372 727583http://new.surreycc.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/care-and-support-for-adults/health-and-wellbeing/mental-health/wellbeing-centres#epsomandewell