Various psychological tests are available to be used to test for complaints of memory problems or when a diagnosis of dementia is being considered. Although the Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE) was the most commonly used test it is not now recommended because of copyright reasons and ceiling and floor effects in early and late dementia respectively.
Recommended tests include:
- the Abbreviated Mental Test Score (AMTS)
- the General Practitioner Assessment of Cognition (GPCOG)
- the Mini-Cog
- the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MOCA), and
- the Functional Activities Questionnaire.
- Cognitive neurology and dementia centreThe Cognitive neurology and dementia centre at St George's Hospital is a regional specialist centre for cognitive neuroscience and dementia, that works closely with other hospitals from across South West London, Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire, and with GPs, community nursing teams, mental health services and social services.St George's Hospital, Blackshaw Road, London, SW17 0QThttps://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/service/neuro/cognitive-neurology-dementia/
- Waltham Forest Memory ClinicWaltham Forest memory clinic offers assessment, diagnosis, treatment and therapeutic interventions to people aged 18 and over who experience memory problems.79 Red Oak Lodge, 17 Thorne Close, Langthorne Road, Leytonstone, London, E11 4HU0300 555 1270
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/