Dementia support workers
Dementia Support Workers help people with dementia and their carers at the time of diagnosis and during the “dementia journey” to maintain their independence, improve their sense of well-being and take control of their own lives. They may be known as Dementia Advisors or Dementia Navigators.
- Dementia: assessment, management and support for people living with dementia and their carersThis NICE guideline covers diagnosing and managing dementia (including Alzheimer’s disease). It aims to improve care by making recommendations on training staff and helping carers to support people living with dementia.
- How living with dementia could beThis short animated video highlights how living with dementia could be through the 'well pathway for dementia'. It shows the importance of a holistic partnership approach to supporting the person with dementia, their families and carers within local community settings.
- Immediate post diagnosis support guidanceThis guidance document, published by the London Strategic Clinical Networks, has been created for professionals to support people with dementia and their carers immediately following diagnosis.
- Dementia advisers surveyThis report published by Ipsos MORI presents the findings of a survey into the provision of dementia adviser services throughout England.
- Joint declaration on post-diagnostic dementia care and supportThis joint declaration signed by signatories across government, health, social care and the third sector sets out a shared commitment to deliver good quality post-diagnostic dementia care.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkThis framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- The dementia guideThis guide produced by the Alzheimer's Society is for anyone who has recently been told they have dementia.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandThis report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Peer support networks and dementia advisers: evaluationThis report, published by the Department of Health, provides the findings of the Healthbridge evaluation into the role that dementia advisers and peer support networks can provide in post diagnostic support for people with dementia and their carers.
- Dementia adviser service: evaluationThis report published by the Alzheimer's Society presents the findings of an evaluation of the Pathfinder Dementia Adviser services from the perspective of service users.
- Health Education EnglandHealth Education England (HEE) works across England to deliver high quality education and training for a better health and healthcare workforce.1st Floor, Blenheim House, Duncombe Street, Leeds, LS1 4PLhee.email@example.com://hee.nhs.uk/
- Waltham Forest Clinical Commissioning GroupWaltham Forest Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) commissions healthcare services for people who are registered with GPs in Waltham Forest. The CCG is led by GPs and other clinicians so that services are aligned to patients' needs. Kirkdale House, 7 Kirkdale Road, Leytonstone, London, E11 1HP020 3688 2604 http://www.walthamforestccg.nhs.uk/
- Alzheimer’s Society Waltham ForestThe Alzheimer's Society in Waltham Forest offers information and advice and runs support groups for people with dementia, their families and carers living in the borough of Waltham Forest.Part Waltham Forest Resource Hub, 1 Russell Road, London, E10 7ES020 8556 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/