In some localities training is offered on the range of topics and resources to support the caring role and in looking after a carer’s own needs.
- Dementia Advice Service – Andover MindMay 14 2015Dementia Advice Service for: Andover, Basingstoke, Deane and Alton, Eastleigh, Hart and Rushmoor, Romsey and Winchester www.andovermind.org.uk/dementia-advice/ 01264 353363 Dementia Contact list 2015 (and see below) How can we help? We are a consistent point of contact and support from first diagnosis throughout your journey We ...
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Local contact cardMay 14 2015Dr Nicola Decker from Oakley and Overton Surgery found it was useful to collate local resources onto a small card that can be given to patients, carers or staff with the dementia adviser contact number, local carer support and local council contacts. To create ...
- The experiences, needs and outcomes for carers of people with dementiaMarch 30 2016This comprehensive literature review undertaken by the the Association of Dementia Studies at the University of Worcester, examines the experiences and needs of carers of people with dementia and the evidence of outcomes produced from a wide range of interventions. Download The experiences, needs and outcomes ...
- Integrated approach to identifying and assessing Carer health and wellbeingMay 17 2016This toolkit published by NHS England clarifies the new duties on NHS organisations under the Care Act 2014 and the Children and Families Act 2014, provides a template Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to support joined up working locally, and includes examples of positive practice of work that have proven successful in supporting carers and their families.
- Caring for CarersMarch 3 2015The Caring for Carers Hub developed by the Royal College of General Practitioners is a web based tool that can help primary care staff to more effectively support carers and the people they care for.
- What about me? Remembering the needs of carersJuly 29 2010This short leaflet published by Marie Curie Cancer Care is a good starting point for anyone working in health, social care or other setting who is likely to come into contact with people approaching the end of life and their carers.
- Dementia CarerJune 9 2014Dementia Carer is a website that provides access to a wide range of video clips featuring carers discussing what helps them cope with issues they encounter in caring for someone with dementia.
- A road less rocky – supporting people with dementiaSeptember 4 2013This report published by the Carers Trust highlights that carers of people with dementia are not getting the support and advice they often desperately need.
- Carers Evidence Summits ebookDecember 5 2014NHS Improving Quality has produced an ebook to share the Commitment to Carers achievements over the last year. It includes the findings from the regional Carers Evidence Summits and links to over 50 case studies.
- Award in Understanding DementiaMarch 18 2015The Alzheimer's Society and the Royal Society for Public Health have joined forces to create a new qualification to help people understand more about dementia.
- Commissioning for Carers PrinciplesDecember 5 2014This practical tool is part of a suite of products that will help commissioners to deliver what carers say is important to them in ways that have been shown to work effectively and efficiently in practice.
- Recognised, valued and supported: Next steps for the Carers StrategyDecember 3 2010This strategy identifies the actions that the Government will take between 2011-15 to support its priorities to ensure the best possible outcomes for carers and those they support.
- The Triangle of Care – carers included: A guide to best practice for dementia careSeptember 4 2013The Triangle of Care is a model for dementia care that supports a partnership approach between the person with dementia, the staff member and carer. It is designed to ensure that carers are appropriately included and involved in the care of people with dementia, particularly in hospital settings.
- Health Education EnglandHealth Education England (HEE) works across England to deliver high quality education and training for a better health and healthcare workforce.1st Floor, Blenheim House, Duncombe Street, Leeds, LS1 4PLhee.email@example.com://hee.nhs.uk/
- Dementia PathfindersDementia Pathfinders CIC is a social enterprise delivering therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families, and programmes of education and learning for people working in the dementia care field.Bushbury Triangle Resource Centre, 74 Stanley Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 9EL01902 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiapathfinders.org
- Carers DirectCarers Direct offer a helpline for carers that need help with their caring role and want to talk to someone about what options are available to them. PO Box 27079, Glasgow, G3 9EJ0300 123 1053http://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/carerslives/updates/Pages/CarersDirecthelpline.aspx
- Carers UKCarers UK is a national membership charity for carers, that is both a support network and a movement for change.20 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4LX0808 808 email@example.com://www.carersuk.org/
- Employers for CarersEmployers for Carers provides practical, ‘hands-on’, help to employers to support carers in their workforce.20 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4LX020 7378 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.employersforcarers.org/
- Carers TrustCarers Trust works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.32-36 Loman Street, London, SE1 0EH0844 800 email@example.com://www.carers.org