Day services increasingly provide specialist support for people with dementia by offering a stimulating and supportive environment with facilities which are able to support varying levels of need. An adult care assessment is usually needed to attend specialist day services, and a charge may apply.
- Active Minds – dementia activity resourcesActive Minds produce a suite of activity products to assist people with dementia in leading active, engaging and fulfilling lives - enjoying activities that are meaningful to them.
- The Daily SparkleThe Daily Sparkle is a professionally written daily and weekly reminiscence and activity tool supported by the UK's leading care organisations such as the NHS, AgeUK and DementiaUK.
- Support for Living Well with Dementia in EastleighThe Eastleigh Borough Council Website collects together a range of local resources and groups to support individuals living with Dementia. Please follow the link below: Eastleigh Borough Council Resources
- Dementia Connect – Information about local servicesAcross Andover, Andover Mind have been doing a huge amount of work to increase awareness and to make Andover a Dementia Friendly Community and offering a Dementia Adviser services. Alzheimer’s Society works across North Hampshire to support people living with dementia and their carers. Alzheimer’s ...
- What can I expect from good quality services if I have dementia?A guide for providers of services and people who use services about what support to expect with dementia. This guide was put together by the “Improving Quality of Care Working Group, London Dementia Strategic Clinical Leadership Group” dem-carers-leaflet
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkThis framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandThis report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneThis report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaThis quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- New models of care for dementiaThis report proposes a new understanding of the dementia journey and a revised model of care for dementia, aimed at improving experiences and outcomes, and informing service redesign and commissioning.
- The Kingfisher Day CentreThe Kingfisher Centre based near Whitchurch provides varied, stimulating activities, companionship and care for people with dementia. We are open Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 9am and 4pm.01256 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.kingfisherdaycentre.org.uk
- Fenwick Day ClubOur day club provides friendship and fun in a supportive and safe environment for people with memory loss. We are dignity champions and treat everyone with respect and equality. We provide transport to our club (to be confirmed following your enquiry). Our clubs run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.30am to 4.00pm at Fenwick Health & Wellbeing Centre in Lyndhurst.SO43 7NG, United Kingdom023 8028 email@example.com://www.scagroup.co.uk/care/day-clubs
- Take a Break SchemeThe Take a Break Scheme run by Age UK Andover offers respite care to carers every Tuesday from 10.15-2 pm at the Bridge Community Centre in Andover. The Bridge Community Centre, 31-33 Bridge Street, Andover, SP10 1BEiandamanager@ageukandover.orghttp://www.ageuk.org.uk/andoveranddistrict/
- Ringwood Day Care CentreThe Ringwood Day Care Centre offers day care in the morning and afternoon on every day of the week. It is open to people with dementia an provides carers with vital well-earned respite.Trinity Centre, Christchurch Road, Ringwood, BH24 1DHrick.firstname.lastname@example.org://www.ageconcernhampshire.org.uk
- Pudbrook House Day CentreThe group is held in the morning and afternoon every Wednesday. It is open to people with dementia.Pudbrook House Day Centre, Bailey Close, Botley, SO30 2TWhttp://www.1community.org.uk/
- Swanmore Day CentreSwanmore Day Centre offers day care in the morning and afternoon every Monday, Tuesday and Friday. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Swanmore Village Hall, New Road, Swanmore, Southampton, SO32 2PFchiefofficer@ageukwinchester.org.uk
- Jame’s PlaceJame's Place is a unique country home which opens it’s doors three days a week to offer day care to those in the community who need or want it.Penton Lodge, Chalkcroft Lane, Penton Mewsey, Hampshire, SP11 0RD01264 772 email@example.com://www.james-place.co.uk/
- Horrill Day Care CentreThe group is held in the morning and afternoon every Tuesday and Thursday. It is open to people with dementia.Horrill Centre, Challenger Place, Challenger Way, Dibden Purlieu, SO45 5SZrick.firstname.lastname@example.org://www.ageconcernhampshire.org.uk
- Gore Grange Day CentreThe Gore Grange Day Centre offers day care in the morning and afternoon every Tuesday, Friday. It is open to people with dementia an provides carers with vital well-earned respite.Gore Grange Centre, Jowitt Drive, New Milton, BH25 6SBrick.email@example.com://www.ageconcernhampshire.org.uk
- Fordingbridge Day Care CentreFordingbridge Day Care Centre offers day care to people with dementia and provides carers with vital well-earned respite. Day care is available in the morning and afternoon every Monday and Wednesday. Riverside Court, West Street, Fordingbridge, SP6 1JHrick.firstname.lastname@example.org://www.ageconcernhampshire.org.uk