Memory cafes provide a friendly and supportive environment where people can meet, talk, and learn more about dementia and what support is available.
View an A-Z list of memory cafes.
- Active Minds – dementia activity resourcesActive Minds produce a suite of activity products to assist people with dementia in leading active, engaging and fulfilling lives - enjoying activities that are meaningful to them.
- The Daily SparkleThe Daily Sparkle is a professionally written daily and weekly reminiscence and activity tool supported by the UK's leading care organisations such as the NHS, AgeUK and DementiaUK.
- Support for Living Well with Dementia in EastleighThe Eastleigh Borough Council Website collects together a range of local resources and groups to support individuals living with Dementia. Please follow the link below: Eastleigh Borough Council Resources
- Dementia Connect – Information about local servicesAcross Andover, Andover Mind have been doing a huge amount of work to increase awareness and to make Andover a Dementia Friendly Community and offering a Dementia Adviser services. Alzheimer’s Society works across North Hampshire to support people living with dementia and their carers. Alzheimer’s ...
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Putting dementia on the mapPutting dementia on the map published by the Department of Health draws on data and information about dementia health and care, dementia friendly communities and research.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandThis report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneThis report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- Memory CafeA service for people with dementia and their carers. The café takes place from 2pm – 4pm at the Pilands Wood Centre, Chamberlayne Road, Bursledon SO31 8DT on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. The café provides a friendly and welcoming environment for ...Bursledon SO31 8DT, United Kingdom023 8090 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winchester Dementia CafeWinchester Dementia Cafe is held in the morning on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at Littleton Memorial Hall. It is run by the Alzheimer's Society Winchester and offers a friendly, relaxed gathering with coffee/tea and a chat.Littleton Memorial Hall, Littleton, Winchester, SO22 6QLsheila.email@example.com
- Carers Together RomseyCarers Together Romsey support people who give their time, unpaid, to support relatives and friends - living anywhere in Hampshire including Southampton and Portsmouth. 9 Love Lane, Romsey, SO51 8DEanne.firstname.lastname@example.org://www.carerstogether.org.uk
- Ringwood Dementia CafeThe Ringwood Dementia Cafe is held in the afternoon on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers and provides a friendly, relaxed gathering with coffee/tea and a chat.Ringwood Conservative Club, 22 Christchurch Road, Ringwood, BH24 1DNsara.email@example.com
- Reminiscence Cafe – Winchester RotaryThe Reminiscence Cafe organised by the Winchester Rotary Club is held in the morning on the 2nd Thursday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Sunrise Senior Living, Stockbridge Road, Winchester, SO22 5JHletterstodifor@icloud.comhttp://www.sunrise-care.co.uk/communities/winchester/overview.aspx
- Velmore Reminiscence CafeThe Reminiscence Cafe is held at the Velmore Community Centre on the 1st Thursday and 3rd Friday of every month from 2.30-4pm. Velmore Community Centre, Falkland Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 3GYeastleigh@firstwessex.orghttp://www.firstwessex.org
- Memory LaneThe group is held in the morning on the 1st Wednesday of every month at 11am. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Sunrise of Winchester Care Home, Stockbridge Road, Winchester, SO22 5JHWinchester.DCR@sunriseseniorliving.comhttp://www.sunrise-care.co.uk/communities/winchester/events/july-2013/memory-lane.aspx
- Winchester Memory CafeWinchester Memory Cafe is held in the morning on the Friday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.The United Church, Jewry Street, Winchester, SO23 8RZoffice@wlahs.orghttp://www.wlahs.org/
- Horrill CafeThe group is held in the afternoon on the Monday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Horrill Centre, Challenger Place, Challenger Way, Dibden Purlieu, SO45 5SZvickyhvey.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Horrill Carer’s MeetingThe group is held in the morning on the 1st Thursday of every month. It is open to carers of people with dementia.Horrill Centre, Challenger Place, Challenger Way, Dibden Purlieu, SO45 5SZvickyhvey.email@example.com
- Warsash memory cafeThe Warsash memory cafe is held on the last Thursday of every month at the Warsash United Reformed Church between 2pm and 4pm. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.55-57 Warsash Road, Warsash, Southampton SO31 9HW, United Kingdom01489 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fordingbridge Cafe and Singing ClubThe group is held in the morning on the Wednesday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.United Reform Church, 41 Salisbury St, Fordingbridge, SP6 1ABvickyhvey.email@example.com
- Fenwick CafeThe group is held in the morning on the 4th Friday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Fenwick 2, Pikes Hill, Lyndhurst, SO43 7NGvickyhvey.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cafe Peninsula coffee morningThe group is held in the morning on the 1st Tuesday of every month at Cafe Peninsula. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Cafe Peninsula, Romsey Road, Winchester, SO23 8TS
- Alzheimer’s Cafe WinchesterThe group is held in the evening on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 7-9pm. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.St Peter's Church Hall, Winchester, SO23 8RY
- Andover Alzheimer’s CafeThe group is held in the evening on the 2nd Thursday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.8-10 Union Street, Andover, SP10 1PAandover@carercentre.com
- Sway Alzheimer’s CafeThe group is held in the evening on the Thursday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Shelbourne Senior Living Sway, SO41 6AD
- Alresford Dementia CafeThe group is held in the morning and afternoon on the 4th Tuesday of every month. It is open to carers of people with dementia.Maikins Court, Windsor Road, Alresford, SO24 9HXsheila.email@example.com
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/