Singing for the brain
Singing for the brain is structured group session focused around music therapy and singing for people with dementia and their carer.
Singing for the brain groups provide opportunities for active participation, social interaction, and peer support.
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Dementia Connect – Information about local servicesNovember 17 2015Across Andover, Andover Mind have been doing a huge amount of work to increase awareness and to make Andover a Dementia Friendly Community and offering a Dementia Adviser services. Alzheimer’s Society works across North Hampshire to support people living with dementia and their carers. Alzheimer’s ...
- Support for Living Well with Dementia in EastleighNovember 18 2015The Eastleigh Borough Council Website collects together a range of local resources and groups to support individuals living with Dementia. Please follow the link below: Eastleigh Borough Council Resources
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- Singing for the Brain EastleighThe Alzheimer's Society in West Hampshire runs this structured music group to encourage communication and participation and include opportunities to talk to other people. It is held every Tuesday morning 10.30 til 12pm at Centenary Hall in Eastleigh.Centenary Hall, Chamberlayne Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 5JH023 8061 0159Southampton@alzheimers.org.ukhttp://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/custom_scripts/services.php?serviceCode=1981&branchCode=14167&areaBC=WECW
- Singing for wellbeing – WinchesterSinging for wellbeing aims to enhance your health and wellbeing through singing in a socially stimulating environment. It is held every Monday, 10.15am-11.15am and 12noon-1pm with a chance to chat and have coffee between classes.The United Church, Jewry Street, Winchester, SO23 8RZoffice@wlahs.orghttp://www.wlahs.org/
- Singing for the Brain ThornhillThe Alzheimer's Society in West Hampshire runs this structured music group to encourage communication and participation and include opportunities to talk to other people. It is held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month 2pm til 3:30pm at Thornhill Baptist Church.Thornhill Baptist Church, Thornhill Park Road, Thornhill, Hampshire, SO18 5TR023 8061 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/custom_scripts/services.php?serviceCode=26717&branchCode=14167&areaBC=WECW
- Fordingbridge Cafe and Singing ClubThe group is held in the morning on the Wednesday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.United Reform Church, 41 Salisbury St, Fordingbridge, SP6 1ABvickyhvey.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fenwick Singing ClubThe group is held in the afternoon on the 3rd Friday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Fenwick 2, Pikes Hill, Lyndhurst, SO43 7NGvickyhvey.email@example.com
- Fenwick CafeThe group is held in the morning on the 4th Friday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Fenwick 2, Pikes Hill, Lyndhurst, SO43 7NGvickyhvey.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fordingbridge with MusicThe group is held in the morning on the 4th Tuesday of every month at 10:30-12pm. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Victoria Rooms, 26 Bridge Street, Fordingbridge, SP6 1AYsara.email@example.com
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/