Dementia support workers
Dementia Support Workers help people with dementia and their carers at the time of diagnosis and during the “dementia journey” to maintain their independence, improve their sense of well-being and take control of their own lives. They may be known as Dementia Advisors or Dementia Navigators.
- Dementia Advice Service – Andover MindMay 14 2015Dementia Advice Service for: Andover, Basingstoke, Deane and Alton, Eastleigh, Hart and Rushmoor, Romsey and Winchester www.andovermind.org.uk/dementia-advice/ 01264 353363 Dementia Contact list 2015 (and see below) How can we help? We are a consistent point of contact and support from first diagnosis throughout your journey We ...
- Dementia: assessment, management and support for people living with dementia and their carersJune 20 2018This NICE guideline covers diagnosing and managing dementia (including Alzheimer’s disease). It aims to improve care by making recommendations on training staff and helping carers to support people living with dementia.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Local contact cardMay 14 2015Dr Nicola Decker from Oakley and Overton Surgery found it was useful to collate local resources onto a small card that can be given to patients, carers or staff with the dementia adviser contact number, local carer support and local council contacts. To create ...
- Dementia advisers surveyApril 1 2016This report published by Ipsos MORI presents the findings of a survey into the provision of dementia adviser services throughout England.
- Immediate post diagnosis support guidanceApril 9 2016This guidance document, published by the London Strategic Clinical Networks, has been created for professionals to support people with dementia and their carers immediately following diagnosis.
- Joint declaration on post-diagnostic dementia care and supportJanuary 8 2016This joint declaration signed by signatories across government, health, social care and the third sector sets out a shared commitment to deliver good quality post-diagnostic dementia care.
- How living with dementia could beSeptember 2 2016This short animated video highlights how living with dementia could be through the 'well pathway for dementia'. It shows the importance of a holistic partnership approach to supporting the person with dementia, their families and carers within local community settings.
- Prepared to care – Challenging the dementia skills gapJune 4 2009This report published by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia (APPG) explores the scale of the challenge in training the caring professions in dementia, and how it may be met.
- CMG48: Support for commissioning of dementia careApril 3 2013This guidance produced by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) summarises the key commissioning issues and the resource impact that will arise from implementing improvements in the quality of care for people with dementia, in line with the statements and measures that comprise the NICE quality standards for dementia.
- Unlocking Diagnosis: The key to improving the lives of people with dementiaJuly 4 2012This report published by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia (APPG) explores the barriers to dementia diagnosis in the UK. It makes recommendations to improve diagnosis rates and provide better post diagnosis support for people with dementia.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaApril 3 2013This quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- New Forest Dementia Advisers Contacts List & Drop In LocationsNovember 11 2015The New Forest Dementia Advice Service can help by providing support and information to people who are concerned about their memory and their carers You can contact the Dementia Advice service yourself, a relative or carer may contact us or you can ask any professional ...
- The dementia guideFebruary 22 2014This guide produced by the Alzheimer's Society is for anyone who has recently been told they have dementia.
- Dementia adviser service: evaluationAugust 31 2013This report published by the Alzheimer's Society presents the findings of an evaluation of the Pathfinder Dementia Adviser services from the perspective of service users.
- Dementia: ethical issuesJanuary 25 2010This report published by the Nuffield Council on Bioethics presents an ethical framework to help practitioners who face dilemmas in connection with the everyday care of someone with dementia.
- Peer support networks and dementia advisers: evaluationOctober 9 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, provides the findings of the Healthbridge evaluation into the role that dementia advisers and peer support networks can provide in post diagnostic support for people with dementia and their carers.
- Ten tips for communicating with a person with dementiaSeptember 8 2012These top tips produced by the Family Caregiver Alliance will help practitioners and those caring for a person with dementia to improve communication skills and ability to handle the difficult behaviour.
- Caring, compassionate, skilled – transforming the dementia workforceOctober 5 2011This guidance will support commissioners to better understand workforce planning and development issues that may impact staff working with people with dementia and their carers and families.
- An evaluation of dementia support worker rolesNovember 25 2011This report presents an evaluation of existing models of community-based support for people with dementia, their families and carers.
- Template action plan to improve care for people with dementia in the communityJuly 28 2011This is a template action plan for use by local authorities and commissioning consortia working together under the auspices of Health and Well-being Boards to improve care for those people with dementia who live in their own homes or in some other residential setting.
- Dementia Connect – Information about local servicesNovember 17 2015Across Andover, Andover Mind have been doing a huge amount of work to increase awareness and to make Andover a Dementia Friendly Community and offering a Dementia Adviser services. Alzheimer’s Society works across North Hampshire to support people living with dementia and their carers. Alzheimer’s ...
- Support for Living Well with Dementia in EastleighNovember 18 2015The Eastleigh Borough Council Website collects together a range of local resources and groups to support individuals living with Dementia. Please follow the link below: Eastleigh Borough Council Resources
- Eastleigh and Southampton Dementia support serviceThe Alzheimer's Society in West Hampshire provides information and support to people living with dementia their carers and families.Chamberlayne Mews, 40 Chamberlayne Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 5JH023 8061 0159Southampton@alzheimers.org.ukhttp://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/custom_scripts/services.php?serviceCode=1980&branchCode=14167&areaBC=WECW
- Health Education EnglandHealth Education England (HEE) works across England to deliver high quality education and training for a better health and healthcare workforce.1st Floor, Blenheim House, Duncombe Street, Leeds, LS1 4PLhee.firstname.lastname@example.org://hee.nhs.uk/
- Lymington dementia adviser drop-inThe Lymington dementia adviser drop-in is held in the morning on the 2nd Friday of every month. It is open to people with dementia and their carers.Lymington United Reform Church, High Street, Lymington, SO41 9AGtim@dementiafriendlylymington.co.uk
- Alzheimer’s SocietyAlzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London, E1W 1LB020 7423 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/