In some localities training is offered on the range of topics and resources to support the caring role and in looking after a carer’s own needs.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- The experiences, needs and outcomes for carers of people with dementiaMarch 30 2016This comprehensive literature review undertaken by the the Association of Dementia Studies at the University of Worcester, examines the experiences and needs of carers of people with dementia and the evidence of outcomes produced from a wide range of interventions. Download The experiences, needs and outcomes ...
- Integrated approach to identifying and assessing Carer health and wellbeingMay 17 2016This toolkit published by NHS England clarifies the new duties on NHS organisations under the Care Act 2014 and the Children and Families Act 2014, provides a template Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to support joined up working locally, and includes examples of positive practice of work that have proven successful in supporting carers and their families.
- What about me? Remembering the needs of carersJuly 29 2010This short leaflet published by Marie Curie Cancer Care is a good starting point for anyone working in health, social care or other setting who is likely to come into contact with people approaching the end of life and their carers.
- Caring for CarersMarch 3 2015The Caring for Carers Hub developed by the Royal College of General Practitioners is a web based tool that can help primary care staff to more effectively support carers and the people they care for.
- Dementia CarerJune 9 2014Dementia Carer is a website that provides access to a wide range of video clips featuring carers discussing what helps them cope with issues they encounter in caring for someone with dementia.
- Award in Understanding DementiaMarch 18 2015The Alzheimer's Society and the Royal Society for Public Health have joined forces to create a new qualification to help people understand more about dementia.
- Carers Evidence Summits ebookDecember 5 2014NHS Improving Quality has produced an ebook to share the Commitment to Carers achievements over the last year. It includes the findings from the regional Carers Evidence Summits and links to over 50 case studies.
- Commissioning for Carers PrinciplesThis practical tool is part of a suite of products that will help commissioners to deliver what carers say is important to them in ways that have been shown to work effectively and efficiently in practice.
- A road less rocky – supporting people with dementiaSeptember 4 2013This report published by the Carers Trust highlights that carers of people with dementia are not getting the support and advice they often desperately need.
- Carers Support Group MaidstoneThe Alzheimer's Society in West Kent run a Carers Support Group twice a month for carers of people with dementia.1 Dairy Court, Fairview Farm, Linton Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 0AL01622 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/custom_scripts/branch.php?branch=true&branchCode=13840&areaBC=EASE
- Health Education EnglandHealth Education England (HEE) works across England to deliver high quality education and training for a better health and healthcare workforce.1st Floor, Blenheim House, Duncombe Street, Leeds, LS1 4PLhee.email@example.com://hee.nhs.uk/
- Carers FIRSTCarers FIRST provide information, advice and guidance as well as practical and emotional support to carers of people with dementia. Unit 4, Michael Gill Building, Tolgate Lane, Strood, Kent. ME2 4TG0300 303 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.carersfirst.org.uk/
- Carers Support and Information Programme 2The Carer Information and Support Programme 2 is for carers, family members and friends of people who have been living with dementia for some time. The Camden Centre, Tunbridge Wells, Kent01892 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/custom_scripts/services.php?serviceCode=59991&branchCode=13840&areaBC=EASE
- Carer Information and Support Programme 1The Carer Information and Support Programme 1 is a series of sessions for carers, family and friends of people recently diagnosed with dementia.The Camden Centre, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom01892 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/custom_scripts/services.php?serviceCode=59991&branchCode=13840&areaBC=EASE
- Caring with confidenceCaring with confidence is a free nationally recognised training programme for Carers provided by Involve Carers.192 High Street, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1BE01622 email@example.com://www.vam-online.org.uk
- Crossroads Cognitive Stimulation Group (COGS)Crossroads Care Kent is a charity dedicated to providing a range of support for Carers to help them in their caring role.The Oast, 170 Tonbridge Road, Wateringbury, Kent. ME18 5NS0345 095 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.carerskm.org
- Carers DirectCarers Direct offer a helpline for carers that need help with their caring role and want to talk to someone about what options are available to them. PO Box 27079, Glasgow, G3 9EJ0300 123 1053http://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/carerslives/updates/Pages/CarersDirecthelpline.aspx
- Dementia PathfindersDementia Pathfinders CIC is a social enterprise delivering therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families, and programmes of education and learning for people working in the dementia care field.Bushbury Triangle Resource Centre, 74 Stanley Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 9EL01902 email@example.com://www.dementiapathfinders.org
- Carers TrustCarers Trust works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.Unit 101, 164-180 Union Street, London SE1 0LH0300 772 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.carers.org