Day services increasingly provide specialist support for people with dementia by offering a stimulating and supportive environment with facilities which are able to support varying levels of need. An adult care assessment is usually needed to attend specialist day services, and a charge may apply.
- Active Minds – dementia activity resourcesFebruary 15 2016Active Minds produce a suite of activity products to assist people with dementia in leading active, engaging and fulfilling lives - enjoying activities that are meaningful to them.
- The Daily SparkleFebruary 8 2016The Daily Sparkle is a professionally written daily and weekly reminiscence and activity tool supported by the UK's leading care organisations such as the NHS, AgeUK and DementiaUK.
- Dementia core skills education and training frameworkOctober 29 2015This framework published by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in dementia care.
- Memory Loss and dementia – practical help in your areaJuly 2 2015Age UK Sevenoaks & Tonbridge information sheet
- Prime Minister’s challenge on dementia 2020February 21 2015The Prime Minister recently launched the government’s five year vision for the future of dementia care, support and research, which follows on from the existing Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia, launched in March 2012.
- Dementia: A state of the nation report on dementia care and support in EnglandNovember 29 2013This report, published by the Department of Health, sets out what is known about dementia care, support and research. It highlights where improvements are being made and where improvements are needed.
- Building dementia-friendly communities: A priority for everyoneSeptember 3 2013This report, published by the Alzheimer's Society, explores evidence from people with dementia about their experiences of living in their community and the ten key things they would like to see in a dementia-friendly community.
- QS30: Supporting people to live well with dementiaApril 3 2013This quality standard, published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), covers the care and support of people with dementia.
- New models of care for dementiaApril 9 2012This report proposes a new understanding of the dementia journey and a revised model of care for dementia, aimed at improving experiences and outcomes, and informing service redesign and commissioning.
- Age Concern Malling Dementia Day CareAge Concern Malling delivers 6 day a week dementia care.Rotary House, Norman Road, West Malling, Kent. ME19 6RL01732 848008 & 01732 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age Concern MallingAge Concern Malling provide a number of services including Dementia Day Care, Foot Care, Bathing, Wheelchair Hire and Independent Living Service.Rotary House, Norman Road, West Malling, Kent. ME19 6RL01732 848008 & 01732 email@example.com@ageconcernmalling.org.uk
- Age UK Sevenoaks & TonbridgeAge UK Sevenoaks & Tonbridge provide information and advice to aid independent living.Old Meeting House, St John’s Rd, Sevenoaks TN13 3LR01732 454108 (open Mon-Fri 9am-4pm)firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wood Street Day Care Centre, Tunbridge WellsThe dementia day care service at Wood Street Day Care Centre in Tunbridge Wells is provided by Age UK in Tunbridge Wells.Age UK Tunbridge Wells, Wood Street, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 2QS01892 email@example.com://ageuk.org.uk/tunbridgewells/
- Hale Place Day CentreHale Place Home Care Solutions run a day centre for people with dementia two days a week. 79 Old Road, East Peckham, Tonbridge, Kent TN12 5EN, UK01622 871081 http://www.haleplace.co.uk
- Day Service Tunbridge WellsThe Alzheimer's Society in West Kent runs a friendly and relaxed community-based day service in Tunbridge Wells to support to people with dementia to enjoy life to the full in a safe and comfortable environment.Suite 2, Paddock Wood Business Centre, Commercial Road, TN12 6EN01892 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/custom_scripts/services.php?serviceCode=972&branchCode=13864&areaBC=EASE
- Day care – Tunbridge WellsThe day care and support service provides care and support in a safe and comfortable group setting. Stimulating activities are based on people’s individual needs and interests.Paddock Wood Business Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6YT01892 835498
- Age UK Goodman CentreAge UK Maidstone run a day service at the Goodman Centre providing 6 hours of care for people with dementia.The Goodman Centre, Egremont Road, Madginford, Kent, ME15 8LH01622 email@example.com://www.ageuk.org.uk/maidstone/
- Day Care and Support Service MaidstoneDay Care and Support Maidstone for people with dementia.1 Dairy Court, Fairview Farm, Linton Road, Loose, Maidstone, Kent ME15 0AH, UK01622 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/info/20011/find_support_near_you#!/detail/a0z7000000e2VTuAAM?lng=0.5080649000000221&lat=51.2463747
- Day Service MaidstoneThe Alzheimer's Society in West Kent runs a friendly and relaxed community-based day service in Maidstone providing support to people with dementia to enjoy life to the full in a safe and comfortable environment.1 Dairy Court, Fairview Farm, Linton Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 0AL01622 email@example.com://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/custom_scripts/services.php?serviceCode=963&branchCode=13840&areaBC=EASE