Young onset dementia
'Young onset dementia' is a term used by some health and social care professionals to describe dementia when it affects people under 65 years of age. It is also referred to as ‘early onset’ or ‘working age’ dementia.
This age distinction is becoming increasingly irrelevant as services are realigned to focus on the person and the impact of the condition, rather than the age.
- Alzheimer’s Society West KentOur mission is to transform the landscape of dementia forever.1-7 Commercial Road, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge TN12 6YT, UK01892 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
- Admiral Nurse Dementia HelplineThe Admiral Nurse Dementia Helpline is for anyone with a question or concern about dementia. From looking out for the first symptoms of Alzheimer’s, to understanding the challenges of living with someone with vascular dementia, Admiral Nurses have the knowledge and experience to understand the situation and suggest answers that might be hard to find elsewhere.7th Floor, One Aldgate, London EC3N 1RE020 8036 email@example.com://www.dementiauk.org/information-support/admiral-nursing-direct/
- Dementia UKDementia UK is a national charity, committed to improving quality of life for all people affected by dementia. The charity provides Admiral Nurses, specialist dementia nurses who provide practical and emotional support to family carers of people with dementia.7th Floor, One Aldgate, London EC3N 1RE020 7697 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiauk.org
- Sevenoaks Community Mental Health Service for Older PeopleSevenoaks Community Mental Health Service for Older People provide services to people with dementia over the age of 65 years.Darent House, Hospital Road, Sevenoaks, Kent. TN13 3PG01732 email@example.com://www.kmpt.nhs.uk/services/sevenoaks-community-mental-health-team-for-older-people/7001
- Dementia PathfindersDementia Pathfinders CIC is a social enterprise delivering therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families, and programmes of education and learning for people working in the dementia care field.Bushbury Triangle Resource Centre, 74 Stanley Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 9EL01902 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.dementiapathfinders.org
- Cognitive neurology and dementia centreThe Cognitive neurology and dementia centre at St George's Hospital is a regional specialist centre for cognitive neuroscience and dementia, that works closely with other hospitals from across South West London, Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire, and with GPs, community nursing teams, mental health services and social services.St George's Hospital, Blackshaw Road, London, SW17 0QThttps://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/service/neuro/cognitive-neurology-dementia/
- YoungDementia UKYoungDementia UK is a charity based in Oxfordshire that aims to help people whose lives are affected by young onset dementia.PO Box 315, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1ZN01993 email@example.com://www.youngdementiauk.org/
- Alzheimer’s Research UKAlzheimer's Research UK is a leading research charity for dementia, dedicated to funding scientific studies to find ways to treat, cure or prevent all dementias. 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Cambridge, CB21 6AD0300 111 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org